We hope that you and your families have gotten through this crisis in good health and are working your way back to normalcy. In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
As soon as the District of Columbia lifts the stay at home order, you will be contacted to reschedule any necessary appointments. At that time, please feel free to call our office for appointments as needed.
Infection Control and Your Safety
We believe we have the responsibility to keep you and our team safe at all times. We are already compliant with the latest guidelines from the ADA, CDC and OSHA. We have always gone above and beyond the recommended infection control guidelines and have implemented the following:
- Medical-grade air purifiers and high-speed evacuation systems with HEPA-13 air filtration systems in each operatory and reception area that eliminate bacteria, viruses and harmful aerosols.
- Medical-grade sterilization fogger machines that will be used in every treatment room between patients, the reception area and throughout the entire office.
- New appointment protocols to maximize social distancing which are explained below.
Expanded Office Hours
As we try to get back to our lives, we realize that we may have time and economic constraints. Our primary focus is to make ourselves available to fit your needs. We have expanded our office hours as follows:
- Monday-Thursday 7:00am-5:00pm
- Friday 8:00am-3:00pm
New appointment protocols to maximize social distancing are as follows:
- Appointments will be confirmed 24-48 hours prior to a scheduled appointment.
- Screening questions will be asked over the phone. These same questions will be asked when you arrive for your appointment.
- It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step.
- If you are sick and do not feel well, please inform the office as we have reserved a time specifically for you and we will reschedule your appointment.
- Upon arrival, remain in your car and call the office to let us know you are here. We will inform you when to come to the office to minimize contact with others.
- We will have hand sanitizer, mask, and gloves for you and we will take your temperature before entering the office.
- Once in the office, you will be escorted directly to the treatment room.
- An oral pre-rinse will be utilized to reduce germ exposure.
- Post-treatment checkout will be done virtually.
- You will be escorted out of the treatment room wearing appropriate PPE.
- If you desire, payment arrangements can be made in advance to allow contactless exits from your appointments.
Digital Dentistry and 3D Printing
We are at the forefront of Digital Dentistry in our area and are constantly working to better ourselves and maximize the use of the latest technology. We know that restorative care can be expensive, and permanent long term restorations may not be possible for everyone at this time.
The last thing we want is for dental problems to get more complicated and expensive. With our digital design software and 3D printing, we are capable of creating cost-effective, stable and esthetic long term interim restorations.
As always, we are available by phone or email in the case of an emergency or to answer any questions you may have regarding your dental health. We are also available to any of your family members or friends that may have any dental concerns or emergency needs.
All the best and good health to you and your families!
We hope to see you soon.
Dr. Cobb and Dr. Cima