Are you unhappy with your smile? Do you wish your teeth were whiter and brighter? Choose teeth whitening to improve your smile. Dr. Andrew Cobb & Associates provide their patients with teeth whitening solutions that can give brilliant and long-lasting results.
But first, what yellows, darkens, and discolors teeth? Are there any benefits to teeth whitening?
What Discolors Teeth?
There are several factors that may yellow, darken, or discolor teeth:
- Foods and Drinks: Certain fruits and drinks like soda, tea, and coffee can stain teeth. To help prevent staining, you can use a straw or limit your intake of these foods and drinks.
- Smoking and Tobacco Products: Tar stains teeth and nicotine darkens teeth.
- Medications: Certain antipsychotics, antihistamines, and other medications can darken teeth with use.
- Age: Over time, our teeth wear down, revealing the dark layer of dentin underneath tooth enamel.
- Injury: A broken or chipped tooth can also show dentin and discolor teeth.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
What benefits can teeth whitening provide? Some benefits can include:
- Improved oral health
- No damage to teeth
- Comfortable treatment
- Custom treatment
Teeth whitening is a safe option that can not only cosmetically enhance your smile, but also improve oral health. You can learn more about the benefits of teeth whitening here.
At-Home Teeth Whitening Treatment
At-home teeth whitening provides professional teeth whitening in the comfort of your own home. For this treatment, Dr. Cobb will create custom-fit trays that can be worn for several hours.
In-Office Teeth Whitening Treatment
In-office teeth whitening can comfortably brighten teeth up to 8 shades. This treatment option is also great for events like weddings, birthdays, and graduations.
For longer lasting results, make sure you schedule regular cleanings and brush and floss at least twice a day.
Schedule an Appointment
Get whiter and brighter teeth today. Call Dr. Cobb & Associates at (202) 851-7554 or schedule an appointment online here.